Correction Baccalauréat 2008 LV1 Anglais – filières S et ES
- réalisée par bankexam.fr –
1) The scene takes place in the United States of America.
Those eerie man-made moans were part of New York City's wallpaper.
2) There are 3 characters:
a. Fiona who is the main character
b. Chris and Devi who are Fiona’s friends
3) Fiona Sweeney (also nicknamed Fi) is the main character. She has been raised by
her single mother and has three siblings: two sisters and a brother.
raising four kids alone".l.50 "two sisters and a brother
4) l.9-10 “
The mother Fi had known wouldn't want to go to Africa. In fact, she
wouldn't want Fi to go
All she knew for sure, in fact, was why she was going
5) Kenya is a country in Africa where Swahili,and English are the two official
Nairobi is the capital while Garissa is a smaller city.
6) a) She feels scared.
b) She’s afraid of the unknown and to travel in a foreign country like Kenya
which has a very bad reputation. Furthermore, she feels terrified because she
knows about the malaria and the devastating effects of mosquitoes.
7) a) It was her mother.
Fi's mother had never been a big talker, but she'd been a hero, raising
four kids alone. Now it was Fi's turn to do something worthwhile
b) Fiona doesn’t care to blow off her chance to live in a first-world country. She’s
passing on her education and her family.
8) Answer (a) “The crime rate in Nairobi is very high.” (to rob = dérober/braquer)