O Holy Night
Adolphe Adam (1803-1856)
Placide Cappeau (1808-1877)
arr. J. Knuth
1. O ho-ly night, the stars are bright - ly shi - ning, It is the
2. Led by the light of faith se - rene - ly beam - ing, with glow-ing
3. Tru - ly He taught us all to love each oth - er; His law is
1. night of the dear Sa-vior's birth; Long lay the world in sin and er - ror
2. hearts by His cra-dle we stand. Thus led by light of a star sweet-ly
3. love and His Gos-pel is peace. Good-will on earth with ev - 'ry one a
1. pin - ing, Till ap - peared and the soul felt its worth. A
2. gleam - ing, Here the wise men from the O-rient land. The
3. broth - er And His Name all op - pres-sion shall cease. Sweet
thrill of hope the wea - ry world re - joi - ces, For yon - der breaks a1.
King of kings lay thus in low - ly man - ger, In all our tri - als2.
3.hymns of joy in grate-ful ad - o-ra - tion, Let all with - in us
JK789.05.09 http://icking-music-archive.orgO Holy Night / Adam
1. new and glo - rious morn; Fall on your knees, Oh
2. born to be our Friend! He knows our need, He
3. praise His ho - ly Name! Christ is the Lord, the
1. hear the an - gel voi - ces! O night di -
2.guard - eth us from dan - ger. Be - hold your
3. hope of ev - 'ry na - tion. His pow'r and
vine, O, night when Christ was born! O1.
King; be - fore Him low - ly bend! Be -2.
glo - - ry ev - er - more pro - claim! His3.
night, di - vine! O night, O night di - vine!1.
hold be - hold your King! Be - fore Him bend!2.
pow'r and glo - ry ev - er - more pro - claim!3.