David Burroughs Mari-Beth Ortega Daniel Paul
• History • Why it was started • Target market • Product lines • Customer service • Store layout • Locations • Competitors • Future expansion
History Victoria’s Secret was started in San Francisco in 1977 by a Stanford Graduate School of Business alumni Roy Raymond
Started because Roy felt embarrassed trying to purchase lingerie for his wife in very public and awkward department store environment, he wanted to provide a better environment
st 1 store opened in Stanford Shopping Center and then quickly followed it with a mail order catalog and then 3 other stores
The store was sold for $4 million to The Limited in 1982
In 1990s the company began to gain notoriety when they used supermodels in fashion shows and advertisin
A 1998 survey rated it the nation's ninth-most recognized brand and the company's name has grown to be iesynonymous with romantic and stylish linger .
Why it was started?
Market Gap – There was no place for men to shop for lingerie Victoria’s Secret was meant to create a comfortable environment for men – Wood paneled walls – Victoria details – Helpful sales staff – There were single styles, paired together and mounted on the wall
• 18-34 year old women • Cater to a thinner women • Offer men’s fragrance
• Bras • Panties • Sleepwear • Clothing • Shoes • Swim Wear • Beauty
• Offer free sizing
• Sales associates are known to be “snotty”
• Fail to offer help to women of all sizes
• Have bad return policies
• About 1000 locations within the US, mostly mall based • 100 stand-alone Victoria's Secret Beauty Stores • They mail more than 400 million catalogues per year
Competitors • Playtex • Hanes brands • Nordstrom • Fredrick’s of Hollywood
• 100% Expansion plan in 5 years with a base of $5 billion
• Focus not only on new lingerie designs but many accessories as well- makeup, swimwear, perfume, and pajamas
• Overall square footage increase of 10% next year with 50% increase in 140 stores
· Limited’s Stock Price is up 34% in 2006, more than double that of the S&P 500
Soyez le premier à déposer un commentaire !