//img.uscri.be/pth/5570d5e1aa899569c493761309c6c537f3cc1787
Cet ouvrage fait partie de la bibliothèque YouScribe
Obtenez un accès à la bibliothèque pour le lire en ligne
En savoir plus

Prime Movers in the Oil and Gas Industry to Recover Lost Ground with the Development of New Fields, Finds Frost & Sullivan

2 pages
Prime Movers in the Oil and Gas Industry to Recover Lost Ground with the Development of New Fields, Finds Frost & Sullivan PR Newswire MOUNTAIN VIEW, California, June 13, 2012 - Upstream investments in oil and gas soften the blows dealt by the economic downturn MOUNTAIN VIEW, California, June 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Major players in the North American oil and gas market, which is characterized by instabilities, have taken a hit over the last couple of years due to the economic decline and price volatility. Furthermore, upstream companies look to these price fluctuations to dictate increases and decreases in exploration and production activities. New analysis from Frost & Sullivan's (http://www.energy.frost.com) North American Prime Movers Market in the Oil and Gas Industry research finds that total market revenues are anticipated to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.5 percent from 2010 to 2017, to reach $1.03 billion. The United States accounts for nearly 82.4 percent of the equipment sold, and Canada maintains the remaining 17.6 percent. If you are interested in more information on this research, please send an email to Britni Myers, Corporate Communications, at britni.myers@frost.com, with your full name, company name, job title, telephone number, company email address, company website, city, state and country. As upstream companies' budgets shrink, investments in drilling and exploration will be trimmed.
Voir plus Voir moins
Prime Movers in the Oil and Gas Industry to
Recover Lost Ground with the Development of
New Fields, Finds Frost & Sullivan
PR Newswire
MOUNTAIN VIEW, California, June 13, 2012
- Upstream investments in oil and gas soften the blows dealt by the
economic downturn
MOUNTAIN VIEW, California
,
June 13, 2012
/PRNewswire/ -- Major players in the
North American oil and gas market, which is characterized by instabilities, have
taken a hit over the last couple of years due to the economic decline and price
volatility. Furthermore, upstream companies look to these price fluctuations to
dictate increases and decreases in exploration and production activities.
New analysis from Frost & Sullivan's (http://www.energy.frost.com)
North
American Prime Movers Market in the Oil and Gas Industry
research
finds that total market revenues are anticipated to grow at a compound annual
growth rate (CAGR) of 2.5 percent from 2010 to 2017, to reach
$1.03 billion
.
The United States
accounts for nearly 82.4 percent of the equipment sold, and
Canada
maintains the remaining 17.6 percent.
If you are interested in more information on this research, please send an
email to Britni Myers, Corporate Communications, at britni.myers@frost.com,
with your full name, company name, job title, telephone number, company
email address, company website, city, state and country.
As upstream companies' budgets shrink, investments in drilling and exploration
will be trimmed. However, since 2010, the stabilization of oil prices is gradually
enhancing upstream activities and thereby, improving prime movers' growth
rates to the levels experienced before the 2008 slump.
"Higher oil prices will encourage oil and gas companies to increase their
budgets for exploration and production," said a Frost & Sullivan research
analyst. "This will, in turn, result in technological advances and revenue
generation in the prime movers market."
New reserves exploration, tapping oil sands, and higher numbers of deep water
projects will shore up the market and compensate for the drying up of onshore
fields. Unconventional supplies such as natural gas, coal bed methane (CBM),
shale gas, and tar sands are expected to meet the current energy demand,
which cannot be satisfied by oil reserves alone.
"As the conventional reserves of oil are mature and experience a production
decline, unconventional reserves need to be explored," said the research
analyst. "The key targets include the natural gas reserves in
Alaska
and the
Rocky Mountains, oil sand projects in
Canada
, and technically complex
initiatives such as deepwater exploration for global producers."
North American Prime Movers Market in the Oil and Gas Industry
is
part of the
Energy & Power Systems
Growth Partnership Services program,
which also includes research in the following markets: Oil and Gas Industry–
Overview of Major Indicators (Quarter 3 2011); North American Electrical
Equipment Market for Oil and Gas; and Air Pollution in Oil and Gas Industry. All
research services included in subscriptions provide detailed market